KentDoors.co.uk install, maintain and service automatic sliding doors, bi-folding doors, swing doors, balanced doors and telescopic doors.
Automatic door systems assist in accessibility and help your building comply with DDA regulations.
KentDoors.co.uk can convert your existing swing door sets to an automatic door system, with no need of the costly expense of replacing your existing doors.
All of our automatic door engineers are BS 7036 certified.
Jump To Section
Swing Door Operators
A ‘swing door operator’ is a device that operates a swing door for pedestrian use. It opens or helps open the door automatically, waits, then closes it.
There are 3 basic types of swing door operators:
- Full Energy – It opens and closes the door at full speed. Full Energy operators are typically used on the outside doors of medium sized retail businesses. (Larger retail businesses prefer sliding door operators.)
- Low Energy – It opens and closes the door at reduced speed, in order to limit the kinetic energy of the moving door to levels deemed safe for disabled users. Low energy operators are typically used where a simple door closer is sufficient for abled users, yet it is necessary to add access to disabled users: small businesses, apartments, bathrooms.
- Power Assist – This is a version of the Low Energy operator. It doesn’t open the door; instead, it lets the user open the door manually at a reduced force, compared to opening against a standard door closer. It closes the door with the same speed limitations as a Low Energy operator.
A door operator may be triggered in various ways:
- Approach Sensor (such as a radar sensor) – the door opens when a user approaches it.
- Push Button – the door opens when a user presses a button.
- Push & Go – the door opens fully when the user begins opening it.
- Access Control – the door opens when the access control system determines the user is authorised to go through.
A trigger from any of the above requests that the door be opened (or reopened if it was closing). The operator will heed that requests only after it is able to do so safely for any other users in the area.
A door operator may use sensors to prevent the door from coming into contact with a user.
Full Energy operators require safety sensors. Low Energy Operators are not required to have safety sensors, as the door is allowed to come in contact with a user, given that the kinetic energy of the moving door is limited by the reduced moving speed.
Major brands we maintain and install include Dorma, Geze, Doromatic, Entrematic, Horton, Tormax, Record, Stanley, Besam, Kaba, Assa Abloy, Ditec, Came, Faac, Erreka, Manusa, Blasi.
Sliding Door Operators
A sliding door operator is a device that operates a sliding door for pedestrian use. It opens the door automatically, waits, then closes it.
Sliding door operators are typically used on the outside doors of large retail businesses. (smaller retail businesses prefer swing door operators.)
A sliding door operator may be triggered in the same ways as a swing door operator, operators use sensors to prevent the door from ever coming into contact with a user in the first place. The operator is placed in the space above the sliding door.
Some major brands we maintain and install include Dorma, Geze, Doromatic, Tormax, Horton, Entrematic, Record, Stanley, Besam, Kaba, Assa Abloy, Ditec, Came, Faac, Erreka, Manusa, Blasi, but do call if you if you require assistance with any other brand of automatic doors.
Many premises with existing older type automatic sliding door equipment, may find it difficult to source replacement spare parts. If this is the case our “Retro-Fit Kit”, makes it possible to improve and upgrade your existing door installation, regardless of make and model.
The existing track and cover is retained; and with a typical conversion time of around 4 hours or less including wiring and set up, the “Retro-Fit Kit” can significantly reduce the time and inconvenience that would be caused if replacing old for new.
All of our “Retro-Fit Kit’s” combine robust engineering and high-tech electronics resulting in a heavy duty sliding operator. For further information about our “Retro-Fit Kits” please feel free to contact us.